Giveaway Rules & Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES (EXCEPT PUERTO RICO) OR CANADA (EXCEPT PROVINCE OF QUEBEC) AND MUST BE 13 YEARS OR OLDER.
Jay Goldberg Events & Entertainment / Summer Camp Music Festival and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct its contests and sweepstakes substantially as described in these general contesting rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests and sweepstakes concurrently and simultaneously on social networking sights owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States.
OFFICIAL CONTESTING RULES & REGULATIONS & AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY & RELEASE
1. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner fails to pick up a dated prize in time to redeem the benefit, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
To take delivery of a prize, winners must present a valid government issued picture identification card.
If a prize is mailed to a winner at their request, the winner understands that The Company will mail out the prize via U.S. Postal Service and is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail, and that the prize cannot be replaced if it is not received by the winner.
Winners agree to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by The Company’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winners agree that acceptance of any prize from The Company does so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If productions or other ticketed events have been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, canceled, or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur, The Company will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be legal U.S. residents, at least 13-years old as determined by The Company. If the contest is open to minors, a parent or guardian of any participant who is a minor must be PRESENT to accept the prize and must complete and sign the forms in the prize acceptance package e-mailed to the winner shortly after winning on behalf of the minor to be eligible to receive a prize, but the Company reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to or on behalf of any minor. Unless otherwise stated in the official contest rules, only one (1) entry per person. Persons contesting as a duo or group are strictly prohibited. Only one (1) prize per household. If the contest involves participation by voting for a contest participant on the website then the voting is limited to one vote per person, per verifiable e-mail address unless otherwise specified in the contest rules. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the contestant in its sole discretion. The term “household” includes winners who share information (last name, address, phone and cell phone numbers). The immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. Publicity: Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, collected contact information, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
5. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the contest includes any creative material from the participant, including but not limited to, consumer created content, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize.
7. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Winners must use their true, legal name (as it appears on their government issued ID and Social Security Card) when playing contests or claiming prizes and may not win any contest under an assumed name. Winner will be disqualified and prize(s) forfeited if they are found playing under an assumed name or alias.
8. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. No purchase necessary; purchase does not increase odds of winning. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.
10. Modifying the Rules. The Company reserves the right to modify the Official Rules of this Contest in any way or at any time. This Contest shall be governed by Illinois law. By participating in contest, entrants agree that Illinois courts shall have jurisdiction over any dispute or litigation arising from or relating to this Contest and that venue shall be only in Chicago, Illinois.
11. “NO SHOW” POLICY. If you accept free tickets and do not show up for the performance you will not be eligible to receive free tickets from us for one year. Please ensure that you are available for the date and time of the performance. If not let us know, there will be other opportunities for you to try again. If a situation occurs after you accepted the tickets and before the performance date let us know immediately so the box office can redistribute the tickets. If you let us know in time it will not count as a “no show”.
12. Facebook.com Release. Each entrant or participant agrees to a complete release of Facebook. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Participants are providing information to the Company and not to Facebook.