We are on site and ready for you all to join us in just 2 days! Since you will be overwhelmed with amazing activities to do once you’re here, here are a few things you don’t want to miss.
1. The workshops, activities, discussions, performances and more in the Soulshine Tent. For a full list of Soulshine activities, check out the schedule!
2. Sunrise kickball with Ryan Stasik of Umphrey’s McGee. This has become a Summer Camp tradition and will be taking place once again at 6am (or sunrise) on Saturday at the Sunshine stage.
3. All of our Field Day activities. Most events will be taking place during the day on Saturday just next to the Vibe Tent, so head over Thursday and Friday to sign up, and get in the action!
4. The Make a Difference Treasure Hunt. This is a fun way to see all of what the Make a Difference Area at Summer Camp has to offer, and earn an amazing prize ONLY offered to people who participate! This year’s prize is entry to an exclusive Everyone Orchestra show in the Red Barn on Sunday! Check out the back of your program for rules and more information.
5. The workshops taking place daily in the Old Church. Here’s the schedule for the weekend:
3:00-4:00 Keys with:
Joel Cummins – Umphreys McGee
Jordan Wilcow – Family Groove Company
Eric Blumenfeld – Kinetix
Joe Hettinga – Digital Tape Machine/Strange Arrangement
Jesse Clayton – Fareed Haque’s Math Games / Macpodz
4:30-5:30 EDM, Hosted by Anand Harsh of Untz.com, with:
Jesse Miller from Lotus
Wick-it the Instigator
4:00-5:00 Guitars, with:
Al Schnier - moe.
Adam Lewis – Family Groove Company
Marcus Rezak – Digital Tape Machine
+ special guest
5:30-6:30 Pickin’ with:
Hot Buttered Rum
3:00-4:00 Drums, with:
Andy Farag – Umphreys McGee
Greg Fundis – Math Games
Nigel Felony – Floodwood
4:30-5:30 Bass, with:
Janis Wallin – Family Groove Company
6. The Technaflora Booth! Technaflora will be hosting a costume contest at their booth at 6pm every day for a chance to win a pair of late night tickets! They are looking for the most creative and innovative costumes. The themes are as follows:
Day 1 – May 25 – What’s in Your Garden? / Dress up as your favorite Fruit or Vegetable
Day 2 – May 26 – Red Barn / Dress up as your favorite Farm Animal
Day 3 – May 27 – Enchanted Forest / Dress up as a Fairy
7. The Grassroots California Dome. The GRC boys are bringing their dome back to Summer Camp Music Festival, and this year they will be lighting up the forest in style with the GRC x Jumbie Color Changing Dome Experience. Make sure you check it out (and get the official Summer Camp Music Festival hat!!)
8. The Merch Areas! We have some amazing new merch designs for you this year. You can purchase merchandise at both the General Stores.
9. Our Information Boards. This year, we will have Information Boards at both General Stores and at the VIP tent. On these boards you will find a map of the grounds, the daily weather report, the schedule, information on workshops and other activities, AND any changes or updates throughout the weekend! Also, on the back we will have a Missed Connections board you can use to meet up with friends, make some new ones, and stay connected!
Last but not least….don’t forget your tickets!! If you haven’t grabbed yours yet, get one now! If you are planning on upgrading to VIP, make sure you get yours before they sell out!
See you all soon!
Your Summer Camp Director