General Volunteers will work three (3) five (5) hour shifts throughout the weekend. Everyone will work at least two shifts Friday through Sunday with the option of requesting shifts on Thursday or Monday.
General volunteers have a multitude of responsibilities throughout the weekend including:
- Wristband Scanning
- VIP, Stage, Camping and other entry check points
- Catering assistance
- Security assistance
- Box office assistance
- Front Gate assistance
- Artist and Staff check in assistance
- VIP bar and campground assitance
- General Store and Bar assistance
- Field Day assistance
- Press and publicity assistance
Green Team volunteers have two options of completing hours., but every Green Team volunteer will complete one sorting shift. Green Team members can either work two (2) five (5) hour shifts AND one (1) four (4) hour sorting shift OR you may choose to work three (3) four (4) hour sorting shifts.
Green Team volunteers have the following responsibilities:
- Sorting collected recycling and compost for proper distribution
- Watching the waste stations and teaching patrons how to properly dispose compost, recycling and garbage
- Assisting to keep the grounds clean
- Assist in Soulshine activities and education
Soulshine Ambassadors will participate in three (3) two hour shifts from 10am to 7pm daily, Friday through Sunday, totaling 18 hours. Shifts may be available Wednesday, Thursday and Monday by request.
Soulshine Ambassadors applications are more involved than the standard volunteer or green team applications. Those who join this team should have high ambitions to be very loud, active, exciting and involved in the festival Make a Difference program. If we find an applicant that may not suit this time, applicant will have the option of joining either the General Volunteer team or the Green Team.
Please read this info sheet before applying as a Soulshine Ambassador.
Soulshine Ambassador responsibilities include:
- Promote the Soulshine schedule and Make a Difference Programming
- Actively parade through the festival grounds in jubilant experession with themed costumes rewarding Scampers for random acts and kindness and greenness
- Encourage Scamppers to participate in workshops and other interactive education demonstrations
- Live the community vibe of the festival; be loud, visible and increase the excitement!
- Facilitate the Treasure Hunt
- Provide Scampers with information on festival’s Accessibility information
- Promote and facilitate the Soulshine Raffle
Educate Scampers about the sustainability efforts of the festival