Camp Counselor Nick

More about Nicholas

My name is Nicholas Stock I am a videographer, editor, and writer. I have been working in video production for 8 years and have done it all from working on set to editing television shows for broadcast. I enjoy going to live shows and seeing amazing musicians collaborating onstage. I have been blogging for the last three years and enjoy talking about live music and sharing my concert experiences with my readership. I write for my personal blog as well as MusicMarauders and Surrender To The Flow Magazine. I strive to be a filter for what I see and to share that with those that could not attend.

What Nicholas liked most about being the Camp Counselor this year:

The best thing about being the first ever Summer Camp Counselor was how welcomed I was by the entire staff at the festival. From the first moment I got to the window and Arlan took the opportunity to give me my pass and attach my wristband to being onstage for Widespread Panic, everything was amazing. The access was incredible, nowhere was off limits. Taking showers every morning in the barn and raging the photo pit were all icing on the cake. However the most amazing thing I experienced as Camp Counselor had to be having all 5 members of moe. and half of Cornmeal playing at my campsite literally 4 feet in front of me. We could feel the breeze from Allie’s bow as she shredded her violin. When I think back to my time this year at Summer Camp it’s like I’m being wrapped in a warm blanket.

What it means to be the Camp Counselor (in Nicholas’s opinion):

It means a lot to be the Summer Camp Counselor. The first thing that attracted people to the contest was the incredible prize package, however the true reality is that it’s a lot of work. I was constantly on the go from the moment I arrived in Chillicothe until Monday morning. From introducing moe. to 15,000 people, doing stand-ups , interviewing band members, taking literally 4,000 photos and dozens of videos, it was a huge undertaking. What it really means to me is the opportunity to do something you can truly be proud of. Summer Camp Music Festival gives you all the tools to knock it out of the park and it is up to whoever wins next year to take them and run with it.

Why Nicholas thinks you should apply this year:

The reason to apply is simply to do something great at a stellar festival. Being the Summer Camp Counselor means you can do something that you will look back on years from now and smile. If you win, your work will speak for itself and no one will ever be able to take that away from you.

Read All Blog Posts by Nicholas

Check out Nick’s Video Blog

[flickr-gallery mode="photoset" photoset="72157626926441216"]