CIT Marisa

Marisa

More about Marisa

Hello there! I’m Marisa (pronounced like “MAR-EE-SA”) and for those who can’t pronounce my name, they just call me “Mo.” Anywho, I’m from St. Louis, I love to listen to music and go to concerts (like everyone else and their Aunt Gertrude). I started off at a very young age listening to the local oldies station on the radio–thanks to my parents–and as I got older I started listening to more punk, blues, jam, metal, jazz, bluegrass…and just about everything else. My parents took me to my first concert at the ripe young age of 7 to see the Monkees and the Turtles. I thought it was coolest thing in the world, especially since I knew half the songs (thanks to my oldies radio station upbringing).

Since 2005 I’ve been attending 1-2 music festivals each year, and they have more or less turned into my home away from home each summer. I know the ins and outs of these festivals, and I’ve even held my own one-day festival (called Feed Me Fest) in Saint Louis back in 2009. You got to see 4 bands for the price of admission–which was canned goods–and we ultimately collected 200 pounds of canned food! It was a LOT of work, but totally worth it; and if I have the time, I would totally do it again someday.

I am currently going to school to become a dietitian/nutritionist and only have one semester left to go. (If you need help calculating how many calories, protein, fluids you should be putting down each day at Summer Camp–or calculating your BMI–I’m your girl!) I also enjoy spending my time reinventing old t-shirts, cooking, learning, sippin’ on a good IPA, treasure hunting at thrift stores, camping, hiking, floating, inventing dance moves and wakeboarding.

I can’t wait to meet and hang out with everyone at this year’s Summer Camp Music Festival! So let’s make it the best one yet! (Especially since I heard some crazy rumor that the world is supposed to end sometime late this year…it’s probably a buncha psssh, but let’s do it up anyway!)

Read All Blog Posts by Marisa

Check out the CIT Video Blog

[flickr-gallery mode="photoset" photoset="72157629896722014"]