Hey Summer Camp!
I cannot even begin to tell you that how much I wish I could start my Memorial Day weekend over and go back to Summer Camp. I had such a FANTASTIC-LY-GLORIOUS-ROCKIN-JAMMIN-BLUEGRASS-GYPSY-PUNKIN-GOOD-TIME at Scamp. There were a few acts that I missed and wished I had time to see at Scamp, but at the same time, I saw so many amazing acts and had so many great memories that will last a lifetime.
The highlights of my weekend include the following:
- Yoga yoga yoga yoga…and some more yoga
- Celebrating my birthday at Scamp on Thursday
- Thursday sound check of Umphrey’s McGee at the Sunshine Stage
- Cornmeal covering Ted Nugent
- Meeting and hanging out with fellow Scampers, friends and awesome neighbors (I seriously met someone everywhere I went!)
- Water water and more water!
- My fellow co-workers (the CITs and Camp Counselor)
- Making artwork out of my broken shade canopy
- Camping right by the Moonshine Stage
- Keller Williams playing “Freaker By the Speaker”
- Every minute of Gogol Bordello
- Primus playing “American Life” & “Tommy the Cat”
- Primus having 3 members of Gogol Bordello come out and play with them during their set! (truly a dream come true…) And Primus bringing out and playing with Bob Weir
- Seeing live at Scamp 2 songs that I put in my contest video for the Summer Camp Counselor position (CRAZY!)
- Wearing costumes!
- Umphrey’s Umphrey’s Umphrey’s Umphrey’s Umphrey’s
- Being a part of Yellow Team in the Field Day events (and winning MVP for Yellow Team)
- Hanging out with the founder of Food Patriot and volunteering my time with them by collecting signatures for their organization
- Friday and Saturday late night
- Someone singing to me the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes theme song when I was wearing my killer tomato costume (awesome!)
- Rockin’ out to some bluuues muuuzac with G. Love
- A streaker taking a morning jog through my campsite on Sunday
- Havin’ a bluegrass stompin good ol’ time with The Devil Makes Three
- Michael Franti’s incredible and touching set
- Rubblebucket’s dance party!
- Camp Counselor Maria’s campsite show with members of moe. and Greensky Bluegrass
- Jane’s Addiction’s amazing performance and Perry’s silly comments
- Ending summer camp with some of the best homemade ice cream I have ever had from one of the vendors at Scamp
- And of course, being your Counselor in Training at Summer Camp Music Festival 2012
The last day at Scamp of the Lone Pink Fuzzy Moustache…
These were only some of the highlights of what was an INCREDIBLE weekend. May our memories of Summer Camp 2012 live on forever…can’t wait to see everyone next year!
Now my challenge to YOU, the Scamper, is to see who can keep their Summer Camp 2012 braclet on the longest. I used to do this ALL the time with my friends after going to other music festivals. So far I’ve got a week down, but I have a feeling I’m going to have to take it off soon because of work, but I’ll try my best and you should too! Good luck!
P.S. Don’t forget to check back for my journey and reviews of shows in the St. Louis area throughout the rest of 2012 and into 2013! (If the world doesn’t end……hah, jk!)
Love, hugs, and thugs,
Your girl, Mo